Friday, May 1, 2015

ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb

IMG_4872 IMG_4880 IMG_4888 IMG_4875 IMG_4882 IMG_4871 IMG_4887IMG_4866 IMG_4878 IMG_4885 IMG_4892  
90s All That Jazz jumpsuit, 12 year old American Eagle jean jacket (it was my 13th birthday present), Prada bag from Panache Consignment, and vintage Chanel flats.

I just can't seem to stop myself from finding, purchasing, and wearing some of the most ridiculous pieces of clothing. This horrific/amazing, cherry-clad jumpsuit comes straight out of the 90s. It originally had small shoulder pads, which were pretty common in early 90s clothing. They are an unfortunate leftover from putting shoulder pads in everything (even t-shirts) in the 80s. I immediately ripped those puppies out. Honestly, they really wouldn't have been too bad on someone else, but my shoulders are pretty broad already.
Shoulder pads or not, the fact that this exists makes me happy. Sometimes when I find a really weird or unique piece, it makes me giddy. It reminds me that there are other really weird people out there and I like that. Without the weird, life wouldn't be nearly as interesting.
So next time you're bored, find yourself a ridiculous jumpsuit and take a walk.
Or something like that.



          

No comments:

Post a Comment