Tuesday, December 9, 2014

the old simple way

101_9311
101_9314
101_9322
101_9312
101_9310
101_9332
101_9331
First outfit: 1960's wool dress and Forever 21 pumps.
Second outfit: 1960's taffeta party dress and BCBGeneration pumps.

I took these photos early in November when I was in my hotel room in Chicago. Both nights it was after wedding festivities, so I was very tired and trying too hard to imitate American Apparel or something.

I know it's boring - the first outfit is anyway. It's another black dress, like my previous post, same pumps too. But it's something I wore and I wanted to share it.
On a forum board the other day, girls were talking about how this style of fashion blogging is dead. Blogs like Man Repeller, where there are a bunch of authors and topics and how-tos, are the new fashion blogging.
I don't like the sound of that. All my favorite bloggers still blog their daily sartorial adventures and I love it. I can't be the only one either, because they have plenty of interaction.
Personally, I still love to blog the good ol' simple way. Why? Because in 20 years I want to look back and remember all the beautiful things I had the honor of wearing. I'm not doing it to be famous, not for any admiration, not to get free stuff.
I'm doing it for myself.
And if my way of blogging is dead, so be it.
That means nothing to me. I mean, I wear dead people's clothes, don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment