Monday, September 8, 2014

white after labor day

IMG_4371
IMG_4366
IMG_4395
IMG_4373
IMG_4377
IMG_4362
IMG_4397
IMG_4372
IMG_4390
IMG_4360
IMG_4398
IMG_4363
Vintage 1950's crop top, vintage 1940's shorts, vintage flats, and gifted sunglasses.

I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. Just as I was getting back to blogging I got sick for most of August. It's a recurring health problem I've been struggling with for about a year now. This time I actually saw a doctor (something that I hate doing) and it seems like we've figured it out. I'm mostly mended now.

Because of that, I've been trying to wear everything summer-like in my closet. To make up for missed time of course. On Friday it was over 90 degrees in Rochester! I thought it was the perfect time to wear these 1940's shorts that were hiding in my closet. They're very unique. You put the front part on like an apron and tie it the back. Then you put the back in place and tie it in the front. I don't know if I explained that correctly, but they are kind of like make-your-own-shorts. It seems like I can't help falling for any vintage piece with a novelty. The late 40's and 50's loved novelty. Bird hats, monochromatic outfits, and weird prints. Also, I can't forget to mention the dresses you can change into a romper with a removable skirt. I had one of those gems once but it never fit me right. One day, I'll have one again!

My birthday was the 28th of August and I missed my annual birthday post. This year I spent the day quietly with my family. Then over Labor Day weekend, Brian took me to New York City! We had a wonderful time and took a carriage ride (courtesy of my wonderful parents!).
Speaking of Labor Day, I love to wear white after it. I find this arbitrary fashion rule ridiculous. If you've been here for awhile, you know I think there are no rules!

I hope you are having a wonderful start to your September.
Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment