Monday, July 7, 2014

maybe you will always be just a little out of reach

IMG_4248
IMG_4257
IMG_4244
IMG_4261
IMG_4250
IMG_4258
Thrifted Juicy Couture dress, thrifted Nine West sandals and Prada bag from Panache Consignment.

Okay, so I haven't updated my blog in over a month. My New Year's Resolution was to update more and I've done a pretty poor job. I wish I had some great reason as to why I disappeared, but I don't.
I honestly just got exhausted - exhausted with the same old same old. I've been doing this for 4 1/2 years now and I started to feel like I had fallen in a rut. I wore pretty standard outfits all of June and fell into a pretty sorry state. I'm trying to snap myself back to normal and I'm slowly recovering, but it's taken some time. I'm actually excited to start updating again. I knew when I felt the drive to post, it would be the right time to return. So here I am.

I haven't done too much thrifting. My weekly trip to my favorite location has stopped. Frankly, even though I get great deals on everything, I can't afford it! I always find great stuff and it all ends up being way more than I wanted to spend. So I try to go only once a month now.
This little white dress I found back in April and once it was nice enough to wear it, I threw it on! It's a Juicy Couture and it was only worn once, I think. I know Juicy has a reputation for making some hideous tracksuits, but I always thought a lot of their stuff was cute. I actually wore this right after the news broke that Juicy Couture was closing all of it's US stores and was going to start selling in Kohl's. It's kind of sad.

I used to hate wearing white (mostly because I'm so clumsy and spill on it), but this year I've totally embraced it. Last year I tried wearing more white accessories, but now I love wearing a little white dress. There is something so refreshing about it in summertime. It's like it's reflecting the purity and easy-living that comes along with warm weather. It's so much easier to live during the Summer. I try to hold onto that feeling for as long as I can. But sometimes I feel like the Stark family from Game of Thrones - always preparing for winter, always bracing myself for it. After all, the cold weather envelopes us most of the year.
I feel like Rochester's slogan should be "Winter is coming."

Until next time (which will be soon I hope), have a wonderful start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment