Monday, May 5, 2014

these boots are gonna walk all over you

101_9278
101_9271
101_9269
101_9284
101_9285
101_9283
101_9292
101_9290
M Missoni sweater dress, thrifted turtleneck, Target tights, and vintage 60's go-go boots

As you can tell by my outfit, it hasn't warmed up here at all. I'm still donning tights and boots while I wait for everything to thaw. Honestly though, I've been dying to wear these boots. When I first started to get into vintage, I never really cared for vintage footwear. These days, I can't get enough. I'm so lucky to have found a pair of go-go boots in my size! Everything about them is perfect. The soft leather, the square toe and the lacing up the side. I feel like Nancy Sinatra should pop out and start singing.

Fun fact: in the 1960's the concept of the fashion boot was revolutionary. Women only wore boots during bad weather or for riding. With the introduction of the Go-Go and Chelsea styles, fashion boots skyrocketed to mainstream success. Since then boots have been a staple in every woman's wardrobe. I love learning about vintage fashion so much. I could seriously write a Wikipedia page with my knowledge.

I'm pretty bummed about the weather, I'm sure everyone who lives here is. The leaves haven't even started to bloom yet. Flowers are just barely peeking out of the ground. It's affected me and my outfits. I haven't been at the top of my game lately. I hope the weather is better wherever you live and if you live here, I hope you're coping better than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment