Thursday, August 30, 2012

birthday birthday

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Vintage 1950's dress, vintage sweater (on my shoulders), thrifted bag, and American Eagle heels.

On Tuesday it was my 23rd birthday. Because I live so close to Niagara Falls, I took a mini-trip to Canada. My parents and boyfriend Brian were generous enough to take me out on a Tuesday - thank you!
Brian and I rode the Skywheel and we all took a walk by the falls. I got to see a lot of neon flashing lights and got to wear this amazing dress. I'm a sucker for 1950's style: the dresses, shorts, skirts, and cardigans. The styles also compliment my figure better.
I just absolutely love this dress. Circle skirts + polka dots = heaven in my book. With the addition of my sweater, I felt like Carrie Bradshaw circa season 2 of Sex And The City (Grrr I couldn't find a photo of the outfit! See the episode "Old Dogs, New Dicks").
I kept the styling simple by adding a feminine pump and beige sweater for when it got cold.

Overall, I had an amazing birthday this year. A surprise party, a trip to the zoo, and I got to go to Niagara Falls. I'm so lucky to have all these amazing people in my life. Thank you everyone! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment