Tuesday, March 4, 2014

the un-glamorous life

IMG_3982
IMG_3992
IMG_4006
IMG_3993
IMG_3991
IMG_3998
IMG_3994
IMG_4004
IMG_4007
Thrifted sweater, gifted high waist jeans, years old Target boots, vintage 60's coat, gifted purse, Five Below sunglasses, and Deathly Hallows necklace from eBay.

Let's be honest, everyday can't be a dressed up creative outfit kind of day. Sometimes I wake up cranky, or more recently I've been waking up hating the cold. Sometimes I wear things that are very casual and I think it wouldn't be a realistic look into my life without showing you this.
So on this particularly frigid day, what do I wear? A man sweater. This is legitimately a man's sweater. I like to shop for clothes in the men's section at Salvation Army. Why? Because sometimes I like a men's fit. More recently it's because Salvation Army has turned completely ridiculous and is pricing all the women's clothing WAY TOO HIGH. The men's clothing is still dirt cheap. They really think women will pay $80 for a used, pill-infested coat. I SHIT YOU NOT. 80 BUCKS.
They think that they can take advantage of the women because mostly women shop there.
Complete bullshit.

Anyway, that rant aside...my best friend gave me these incredible high waist jeans. She ordered them for herself and they were too small for her (sad face). She was nice enough to give them to me and I LOVE them.
A lot of people hate hight waist/pants and dub them as mom jeans. I think I spoke briefly of this in my last post, but I don't care. I LOVE THEM.
Proud card carrying member of the mom jean cult.

I hope your week is going well and you're staying warm. It's still so cold here!

No comments:

Post a Comment