Monday, November 12, 2012

pleather

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Vintage sweater, Lauren Conrad for Kohl's shorts, thrifted bag, vintage sunglasses and Target booties.

What to wear on what will certainly be my last day of sartorial freedom? Oh yeah: pleather shorts. I always stare at these awesome shorts when I go to get dressed. The problem is it never seems to be the right temperature. When it's cold, I feel like tights would look silly and when it's hot, forget it. A 70-degree fall day was perfect. I probably could have gotten away with no sweater, but with my propensity to be cold I decided not to risk it.
This sweater is honestly too beautiful not to be worn. It's a 1950's original that I found at an estate sale. The boat neck with the pearl buttons on the shoulder made me swoon. When I went to check out, the woman informed me that it was her mother's. She told me she hoped I would enjoy the clothes I bought just as much as her mother had. I'm glad it ended up in my closet. My appreciation for clothes (as silly as it sounds) is something I find hard to put into words. Especially the clothing of decades past. They tell a story and history of something you can't read in textbooks.

I know I'm rambling, but I can't not talk about these sunglasses; they were my grandfather's. I inherited a lot of his sunglass collection. Even though I never met him, I know he had great taste. The man had a pair of original Ray-Ban Wayfarers. How cool is that?

I hope your week is off to a great start. I'm excited, because tomorrow is Brian's birthday! I hope I make it special for him.

1 comment:

  1. I love those shorts! The Lauren Conrad collection at Kohls is really cute!

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete