Monday, August 13, 2012

personal effects

Photobucket

I'm super-excited to share this photo with you, because I love the little personal items that have been handed down to me. Some I've found on my own in odd places, like the plate I keep my rings in. It was lost in a box of mismatched dishes at an estate sale. I thought it was so pretty and couldn't pass it up at 25 cents.
The old cigar boxes house a lot of my costume jewelry. They were my grandfathers and I love their oaky fragrance. I think I'm pretty lucky to have them. Where can you find something like that anymore?
My elephants keep everything company. I'm kind of obsessed with elephants. I have a bunch of buddies scattered around my apartment. If I could have one as a pet, I would.
Also, I keep this post-it on my vanity. I found it in a copy of Catcher in the Rye at Barnes & Noble. It says "Are you a phony?" I keep it there to remind myself to never be one.

I can post more of my personal space if you enjoy seeing it. I just bought a new couch, so that's an exciting development. I hope you had a great start to the week.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!I absolutely love this,honey!Everything!;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete