Monday, June 18, 2012

everyday makeup

(Warning: I make awkward faces when I take direct photos of myself. I apologize in advance).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I wanted to share my everyday makeup look with you all because this is what I normally wear (when I'm not wearing sunglasses) on the blog.
I even took a before photo of me with no makeup on, but after I uploaded it I decided against it. It's truly frightening and you can inference how I would look (bags under the eyes, an abundance of freckles and uneven skin, and lots of blemishes).

I start off by using liquid foundation sparingly under my eyes, on my nose and over my blemishes. Then, I set it with a powder. I find it keeps my foundation intact for the day.

I like to keep my eyes neutral to keep it simple so I can experiment with my lips (today I just wore lip balm). I do love wearing crazy eye shadow, but I don't on a day to day basis.
I prime my eyes for the shadow with those cheap foundation sticks you can buy for a dollar. It works so well and much better than any other $20 primer I've tried!
For eyeshadow 90% of the time I use my wonderful eye quad that consists of this sandy and bronze color that I wore today (it also has two bright oranges). It's really pigmented; I love that.

I love eyeliner, and love wearing gratuitous amounts of it. If you're ever looking for a great eyeliner Styli-Style is hands down the best. I have tried so many so many different kinds, and this is the only one that's still there at the end of the day.

Then I just add lots of mascara some matte bronzer or blush and I'm pretty much finished (except for whatever obscenely bright lipstick I choose that day).

A side note about my eyebrows: they're thick and I like them that way. Too many people have told me throughout my life to pluck them more, on the top, or get a wax. NO! I WILL NOT!

Products used:
  • Mary Kay luminous wear liquid foundation in ivory 4.
  • Covergirl True Match compact powder in classic ivory.
  • Wet n' Wild coverall stick (as an eyeshadow primer).
  • L'oreal Infinite eye shadow quad. I don't know the color names, sorry!
  • Styli-Style Line & Seal semi permanent eye liner in black.
  • Mary Kay Ultimate mascara in black.
  • Physicians Formula matte bronzer.
  • Burt's Bees lip balm in honey.

I hope you're all having a great start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - do NOT pluck! Your brows are perfect as is. I wish I hadn't so much when I was in high school. Now it's really hard to grow them in (though I'm trying).

    You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! When I was in high school I hated my eyebrows and I plucked too much too. I think a lot of girls go through that phase.
      <3

      Delete