Saturday, September 27, 2014

NYC birthday trip - photo diary

I know it was a little while ago now, but over Labor Day weekend I was fortunate enough to take a trip to NYC. Here are some photos from my short visit. This time we were tourists and took a carriage ride through Central Park and it was pretty magical. I took this first photo because I was surprised at how dead the city was. It was a strange, yet very neat experience. A lot less people than I'm use to seeing.
IMG_0010
IMG_0012
IMG_0009
IMG_0013
IMG_0014 2
IMG_0033
This is the hallway to the bathrooms in Trump Tower (the toilets were not gold btw).
IMG_0026
IMG_0024
IMG_0057
IMG_0054
IMG_0056
IMG_0063
IMG_0079
This is the restaurant that we ate at. We got to walk up that bomb-ass staircase.
IMG_0075
IMG_0071
IMG_0085
IMG_0086
IMG_0083
IMG_0087
IMG_0082
IMG_0050
First outfit: Vintage 60's dress, vintage purse, and TJ Maxx sandals.
Second outfit: Rodarte for Target dress, vintage bag, a craft ribbon as a belt, and Ferragamo Vara flats.

I was so lucky to be able to take this trip! It was unfortunately 90 degrees both days we were in the city and we ended up melting! On the second day, we got stuck in a cafe for two hours because the sky opened up and there was a major downpour. I can't complain about it though because the cafe was the nicest one I've ever been in. We found out later that it was part of the oldest operating hotel in Manhattan, The Martinique.

I got to see so much this time around! It was funny checking out Rolex's windows after hours when all the watches were tucked away safe and sound.
I won't go into too many details and bore you to death, but the restaurant we ate at was so fun! It was in Koreatown and the menu was all chicken. It was delicious and you got to watch amazing K-Pop music videos while munching.

I always feel as if magic really exists, like it hangs in the air around me when I visit The Big Apple.
I can't wait to go back (maybe for good at some point).

No comments:

Post a Comment